Outcomes of Leadership
We often mistake a "leader" as someone who's successful, powerful, dominant, persuasive, and a winner. Unfortunately, what we're seeing exhibited are only some of the facets of "authority," not true leadership.
What should be the outcome of a true leader?
- Winning at any cost?
- Focusing on the destination rather than the journey?
- Producing winners and losers or creating a win-win scenario?
- Leading a team or producing a team of leaders?
- Taking credit for winning or taking the blame for losing?
- Being controlled by circumstances or capitalizing on the circumstances?
- Having the right skills and experience or comprehending and living your true purpose in life?
- Having authority or giving authority?
- Having titles, awards, position, and power or an indomitable will to fulfill your true purpose?